CLEAN THE SPRAYER. EVERY. TIME.
Jun 14, 2021
Cleaning your sprayer between every pesticide application protects the integrity of every product put through the sprayer. A clean sprayer also protects your crops.
Kevin Carlson, Federated’s agronomy sales manager, summed up the steps to cleaning your sprayer.
- Drain the spray tank as much as possible and remove visible residue.
- Rinse the tank and every other part of the sprayer with water (including nozzles, screen, and strainers).
- Fill the tank with 100 gal. of water and 1 qt. of liquid Kleen Up™ or 1 lb. of dry formulation Tank & Equipment Cleaner (both by Rosen’s).
- Recirculate that mixture in the tank and run it through the boom for 10-15 minutes.
- Let the mixture sit in the tank and boom for an hour or two, overnight if possible (the longer the better), to neutralize and clean the boom and tank.
- Thoroughly flush with water again and blow it all out to ensure complete draining.
For a complete guide to cleaning your sprayer, read this Cleaning Procedure as outlined by Rosen’s.
Call your Federated Agronomist with any questions, and remember the time spent cleaning your sprayer is time saved dealing with product contamination issues.