Federated Co-ops believes in giving back to the community and supporting local organizations and groups whenever possible. We typically support non-profit organizations, art and/or performance groups, and community-based events and organizations, but will consider all qualifying applicants. We receive many requests for charitable donations and sponsorships from many great people and organizations. While we would want to be able to help everyone, it is just not feasible.
Educational programs and initiatives are our top priority. Donations should be designed to support childhood and youth education initiatives by improving children's readiness to learn and ability to succeed in school.
Projects which are geared towards agricultural areas will take first priority. Projects will be assessed based on local community needs. Arts and
Arts and Culture:
Projects should seek to strengthen the culture and diversity of the local community
- Your group, organization, or event must be located within the community where the request is made.
- All charitable donations and sponsorships requests must be submitted using the online request form. Click Here For The Online Donation Request Form. Click here for the Donation Request Form PDF file.
- All requests must be made at least two months out from the date of the event. Requests made with less notice may be declined.
- We do not donate to religious or political organizations. We respect freedom of religion and political beliefs, but as a company, choose not to donate to any specific religious or political groups.
- Federated Co-ops donates in a variety of ways; volunteering time, giving of goods, and financial support.
- A qualified applicant is limited to one donation within a 12 month period.
- Federated Co-ops does not sponsor sports teams or provide funding for radio sponsorships.
- Local, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and 501(c)(6) business leagues will be given priority in consideration for charitable contributions, sponsorships, volunteer support, or in-kind donations.
- Acknowledgment of any donation is required. For IRS purposes, any donation over $75 in value will require an acknowledgment document from the qualified organization. The acknowledgment must be printed on organization letterhead, stating the amount of product or monetary received.
- Federated Co-ops reserves the right to accept or deny any donation or sponsorship.