- About Us
- Contact Us
Federated Co-ops offers a variety of program and payment options – choose what works best for you.
Federated Co-ops understands that in today’s challenging economy our customers desire value-added programs and payment options which are easy to manage, convenient, and secure.
This free service takes the worry out of winter. We keep your propane tank full using the Degree Day System. A Degree Day System tabulates the daily temperature below 65 degrees and calculates your next delivery based on your consumption history in relation to elapsed degree days. Our system also calculates your consumption for non-heating gas appliances. We can calculate high consumption customers based on elapsed days. Does this sound complicated? Don’t worry and just leave the calculations to us. Unfortunately, we can only use this system if propane is your only source of heat. We do have an electronic tank monitoring system available for those who have uneven or large consumption patterns.
Call your local Federated office, which can be found on the locations page, if you are interested in our Scheduled Delivery Program.
BUDGET PAYMENT PLAN - MANAGING YOUR PROPANE COSTS
Enroll today! It's fast and easy – Call your local office which can be found on the LOCATIONS page to sign-up today!
- The Budget Program smoothes out the peaks and valleys in your heating bill. Enjoy predictable bills this heating season.
- Save money by receiving the cash discount price because you are on the budget program.
- There are no finance charges if you are current with your Budget payments.
- e-Check payment or Credit Card Payment is available to make monthly payments - hassle free!
- Auto-Pay for your monthly payment is available. Fast and easy to enroll!!
- Our strong balance sheet adds security to your account entrusted to us
Our Budget Payment Plan is a great way to help you manage your winter payment peaks. The program balances out your payments and is the best way to keep your heating costs level. Our Budget program runs from June through May each year, however, you can enroll in our Budget Payment Plan at any time and your payments will be calculated based on the remainder of that Budget year.
Here’s how we calculate your Budget payment (when Budgets begin in June):
- Your Budget payment is the expected cost of your propane for one year, divided by eleven months with a settle-up payment or credit in the twelfth month of May. Your payment does not include other charges, such as tank rent, service call, special deliveries, parts, etc.
- We will adjust your monthly payment as needed based on your usage and price to avoid a large settle-up bill at the end of the program in May. Your statement will reflect your new Budget payment.
- During May, the twelfth month of our program, we will review your Budget Plan again and adjust your payment to reflect the upcoming heating season. Once you enroll in our Budget Plan you will stay in our program until you opt-out. You may opt-out of the plan at any time.
If you opt-out or if you are removed from the program by missing two or more monthly payments, your balance owing, if any, will be due in full and standard finance charges will apply.
AUTO-PAY - RELAX KNOWING YOUR BILL IS PAID ON TIME, EVERY TIME!
Automatic Bank Draft makes bill paying easy. Your payment is automatically withdrawn from your checking account, debit/check card, savings account, or credit card each month.
- You can choose either the 10th or the 30th of the month for the date payments are made.
- You will receive an itemized statement each month for your records.
- Your payments will be recorded on your bank statements.
- You can stop any withdrawal by notifying us 3-days before the anticipated withdrawal date.
- You may discontinue Auto-Pay program at any time by contacting us.
Sign up now for AUTO-PAY!!
To enroll, print, complete and sign the AUTO-PAY AGREEMENT and mail the form to:
Federated Co-ops, Inc.
502 South 2nd Street
Princeton, MN 55371-1941
Once you have enrolled in the service, any past-due balances will draft three days after your application is processed.
PROPANE PRE-BUY PLAN
Each summer we offer seasonal price protection through our Pre-Buy program. This program allows you to pre-purchase your propane for the following heating season at a fixed price per gallon. We, in turn, Pre-Buy the aggregate needs of our customers through our suppliers who store this product in underground caverns until needed.
At the end of our Pre-Buy program, any of your unused gallons will be converted back to a credit balance on your account so you will never lose your investment. Our strong financial standing secures your investment in us adding additional value to doing business with your local cooperative.
Our scheduled delivery program works well in conjunction with our Pre-Buy program taking the concern about having to order propane or pay a propane bill for the heating season.
PROPANE STORAGE TANKS PROGRAM
- We lease and install 250, 500, and 1,000 gallon sized tank systems for residential and commercial customers.
- Tanks are available for lease at affordable prices and sized based on your estimated annual consumption.
- Underground and larger above ground tanks are available for special circumstances.
TANK MONITOR PROGRAM
- Electronically reads the propane level in your tank
- Tank readings are digitally transmitted by phone to Federated Co-ops, Inc.
- Tank readings also sent up to 3 e-mail recipients
- Alert sent to e-mailed to recipients if tank level or interior home temperature set-points are crossed
- Check with your local office for fees and availability