- About Us
- Contact Us
Agronomy Sales Representative
Full or Part Time:Full-time
Join our team and Grow with us!! Federated Co-ops is growing and expanding. We are looking to add an outgoing, hardworking sales team member to join our Isanti Agronomy Team. Previous sales experience working with farmer/producers is preferred, but we will help grow and develop the right person with previous farming or agricultural background.
Summary: The Agronomy Sales Representative (ASR) position will work with farmers/producers to proactively promote crop nutrients, crop protection products, seed, agricultural custom application services, and energy products. This key position will provide current agronomic knowledge to Federated Co-ops customers in a manner that will increase Federated’s market share, gross sales and local net margin. This key member of our team will focus on helping achieve the Federated Co-op mission and goals and sales results while providing outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Plan sales calls and contact customers, these will be both cold calls and warm leads.
- Tracking all sales calls and contacts on Federated web based Sales Contacts and Leads.
- Sell, secure and place seed orders to Federated’s Central Warehouse.
- Leverage and promote grower meetings, grower events and promotional activities.
- Support and facilitate in-store counter sales,
- Assist Isanti Location Manager with monitoring inventories and customer invoicing.
- Attend monthly sales meetings and planning and development activities.
- Coordinate and support Isanti custom application services with customers
- Hours: This position must be able to work within our customer/growers time frames and schedules and include extended hours during our spring busy season as well as evenings and/or weekends as seasonal demands dictate.
- This position will need to seek ongoing educational opportunities to enhance understanding of new products and offerings in order to educate and support the customer sales process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy and Crop Science or equivalent;
Two to four years related experience working with farmers and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.